Senior Software Developer
Full Time – hybrid working
HaloSOS is seeking an experienced self-motivated individual who has a demonstrated successful track record in software development in industry ( >5 years). This is a unique opportunity to join a start-up project being scaled in the USA for the last 18 months and to potentially become part of a promising start-up in the area of AI .
HaloSOS is based in Dublin and develops “life critical” software solutions to protect people working alone in the USA hospitality sector. The business is scaling across the US at the moment and our development includes specific location based technology (BLE and GPS) with broad aspects of AI and data analytics including real-time analytics, machine learning and data-driven interfaces. This is a unique opportunity to own the senior development function and be part of the senior team while mentoring a team of young software developers and working in an impactful business.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, implement and maintain our Safety as A Service Platform (backend, frontend and mobile)
- Develop and Test mobile and web applications to display information in near real-time and provide clear and simple information to non-technical end users.
- Develop robust, resilient failsafe software for critical applications.
- Configuration of software architecture in the local server and/or cloud environment
- Develop and deliver processes and procedures based on software development best practices
- Keep the end user at the forefront of all development activities. Understand and appreciate that everything you do can have a life changing impact on our users.
- Be a problem solver that understands the impact of the code on users.
- Mentoring and guiding a team of young developers
- Working closely with the CTO, founders and other team members to produce quality project deliverables on time
- Working and managing external teams of contractors from time to time.
- Developing structures to streamline the development process
- Assisting with business development activities when required
- Attending customer site visits if necessary
- Undertake any other duties to help the success of the overall business
- BSc or M.Sc. in Computer Science or closely related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience developing applications using front-end, back-end and mobile software development technologies
- Excellent software development skills, with expertise in full-stack development in Ruby on Rails or similar
- Experience in mobile app development, especially using Java and Kotlin. Expertise with APIs.
- Experience with web server frameworks, specially NodeJS and NGINx
- Experience in development in cloud environments such as AWS, Azure or GCP, and Docker containers, GIT and CICD
- Experience in automated testing and tool
- Knowledge of database design and strong SQL skills
- Knowledge of Location Based Technologies (BLE-GPS) and a knowledge of wireless networking
- Ability to generate new ideas and links and build upon existing ideas to generate unique concepts and solutions
- A willingness to learn and explore new tech and software tools
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation etc)
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills including a proven ability to work to deadlines and on multiple projects
- Knowledge of voice recognition technologies and frameworks
- Knowledge of system integration
- Ideally have some knowledge of iOS
- Knowledge of data analytics methods and dashboard displays.
- Experience in managing the full software project lifecycle from requirements gathering to final deliverable
- Hybrid Working between the company offices and working from home.
- Competitive Salary
- Participation in Employee Share Ownership Scheme
- Opportunity for international travel
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Top range equipment including laptop and mobile phone
Job Type: Full-time, hybrid working model
Please click on the link to apply: